Joint Entrance Examination Main or commonly known as JEE Main is a pivotal examination for undergraduate engineering admissions. Conducted on an annual basis, JEE Main witnesses an estimated number of 12 lakh applicants making it a national level examination. From 2019, the examination is being conducted in two sessions – January and April. Registrations for the January session of JEE Main 2020 has ended which means that the date for the release of the admit card is closing by.
An important document for the examination as well as admission process, the admit card of JEE Main 2020 (January session) will be released on December 6, 2019 by National Testing Agency (NTA). Since the admit card will be available only in online mode, the applicants will have to make sure that it is downloaded and printed out in a proper manner so as to avoid any hassles at the examination centre. The admit card will be easy to access and download if the correct steps are followed.
Steps to download JEE Main 2020 admit card (January session)
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2020 (jeemain.nta.nic.in)
- Click on the admit card link.
- The applicants will be presented with two options to download the admit card
- Option 1 – By providing application number and password OR
- Option 2 – By providing application number and date of birth
- Any of the above mentioned options can be selected by the applicants to download JEE Main admit card.
Procedure to download JEE Main admit card through Option 1
- Applicants will have to provide their JEE Main application number.
- Next, the previously generated password has to be entered.
- The security pin has to be entered and click “Login”
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to click on “Download admit card”.
Procedure to download JEE Main admit card through Option 2
- JEE Main application number has to be provided by the candidates.
- Applicants will have to enter their date of birth as mentioned in the application form.
- The given security pin has to be entered.
- Click on “Download admit card” option to download the admit card.
The downloaded admit card of JEE Main 2020 has to be printed out. However, before commencing the downloading process, the applicants are advised to check all of the details present in the admit card for any mistakes. The authorities have to be contacted if any mistake is found in the document. Through the admit card, the details regarding the examination date, venue and more can be known.
While reporting at the examination centre on D-Day, the candidates will have to present the admit card along with a valid photo identity to the invigilators. Without the admit card, the applicants will not be allowed to enter the venue, therefore it is an important document to be kept safely.
NTA will be conducting JEE Main 2020 (January session) between January 6 to 11 as a computer based test. However, the drawing section of Paper 2 (B.Arch) will be held as a pen and paper based test.
The downloaded admit card of JEE Main 2020 must be printed out. In any case, before beginning the downloading procedure, the candidates are informed to check all with respect to the subtitles present in the admit card for any errors. The specialists must be reached if any mix-up is found in the archive. Through the admit card, the insights about the assessment date, setting and more can be known.
While detailing at the assessment focus on D-Day, the applicants should display the admit card alongside a substantial photograph character to the invigilators. Without the admit card, the candidates won’t be permitted to enter the scene, along these lines it is a significant report to be kept securely.
NTA will lead JEE Main 2020 (January session) between January 6 to 11 as a PC based test. In any case, the drawing area of Paper 2 (B.Arch) will be held as a pen and paper based test.